How far have I come? How far to go?

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

This time tomorrow . . .

. . . I should have only 1.4 miles left to my final goal!

I am writing from beautiful Bend, Oregon, where I have been vacationing with my dear friends for the past few days.  Tomorrow morning, I will be running in the Heaven Can Wait 5K.  I have been training these past few weeks to try and finish under 35 minutes on race day, and have had reasonable success.  However, there was no way back home in Nashville that I could train for the altitude here in central Oregon.  And my only attempt at running during my time here did not go well--the altitude kicked my heinie and my breathing got a bit labored.  So it remains to be seen how tomorrow will go.

On a positive note, the weather is predicted to be on my side:  55 degrees and partly cloudy, perfect for a 5K! Also, I couldn't help but being inspired by all the world class athletes I had the privilege of cheering on at today's Prefontaine Classic.  So maybe I have a chance at sub-35 after all . . . we will all just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment