How far have I come? How far to go?

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm a little slow . . .

. . . and not just with regards to blog posts.  My official time for the Country Music Half was 2:51:59, which for those of you playing at home, is nine seconds slower than my half time from last November.  Considering how hot, humid and sunny it was that day, I'm not complaining.  Although I am slightly disappointed not to have beaten my previous time.

But in happier news, look at the awesome photos taken by some of the official race photographers!















There I go!

My next event will be a 5K in Bend, Oregon, on Sunday, June 4.  My goal is to finish in 35 minutes or under.  So far training has been a little difficulty, due largely to the fact that my Garmin was stolen (I don't really want to talk about it).  But I have high hopes that with the mild weather in Bend, plus five days of pre-race carb loading (aka "beer drinking"), I can reach my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment